Healthy Places Inventory InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
Healthy Places is a program that is made up of The Veggie Mobile, the Veggie Mobile Sprout, and the Healthy Convenience Store Initiative. These three programs collaborate in alleviating the nutritional inequality felt by people living in low income neighborhoods. The Healthy Places Program is comprised of a hardworking, diverse, and enthusiastic team of people.
• Assist Healthy Places program staff in modernizing its inventory systems
• Help to launch Access database for inventory and pricing, which will replace the overtaxed Excel system currently in operation
• Observe and participate in every aspect of our wholesale produce purchase and resale
• Assist in gleaning information from our Excel datasheets, and offer ideas on ways to improve
• Unpaid, college credit may be available
Interns will have the opportunity to pursue related interests and special projects toward fulfillment of the program. Spring, summer and fall internships are available.
Please send resume and cover letter to EJ Krans, Healthy Places Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
• Data entry
• Database building
• Purchasing and selling inventory
• Analysis of inventory needs
• Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
• Commitment to serving residents living in urban neighborhoods
• Positive and enthusiastic energy to confront food insecurity issues