Hospice InternBookmark This
1200 Camp Hill Bypas
Camp Hill, PA
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Bereavement Volunteer for assisting the Bereavement Coordinator to plan, implement, and maintain a bereavement program to meet the needs of families/caregivers from Horizons Hospice, LLC for up to one (1) year following the death of the individual hospice patient.
The volunteer provides patient care and support services according to his/her experience and training and in compliance with organization policies.
The volunteer assist with clerical duties as needed.
1. Experience with families/caregivers and patients through death/dying
Job Title/Position: Bereavement Coordinator
2. Ability to work as a team member.
3. Knowledge and commitment to hospice philosophy.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
5. Understanding of grief response and experience with counseling individuals and/or in groups regarding loss.
RequirementsESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in the assessment and delivery of grief counseling needs and services (one-to-one, groups, and ongoing follow-up) to ensure timely and appropriate services are provided to family/caregivers.
2. Assists in Plans for Bereavement Program development, expansion and refinement.
3. Assist other staff members and shadows as requested; ie. Social Worker and Chaplain
4. Assists in providing bereavement information and referral services to callers from the community. Expands and maintains community resource list as needed.
5. Participates in hospice activities such as inservice education, hospice personnel meetings, and relevant committees.
6. Advances professional knowledge and skills.
7. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
8. Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.