Administrative InternBookmark This
The Administrative Intern position will be responsible for the receptionist area of Tenneco’s Monroe, Michigan business office, including operation of the multi-line telephone console. This position will report to the Human Resource Department and will perform a variety of administrative duties, including scheduling, project coordination, and other work of a clerical nature.
- Serve as front desk administrative support greeting guests, opening and closing the lobby area and switchboard, and verifying proper visitor agreement documents.
- Answer multi-line switchboard and directing incoming calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Issue visitor passes, including temporary badges for employees and audit returns weekly.
- Manage the front desk administrative support schedule to ensure accurate coverage.
- Function as administrative support to the HR department, including phone list updates, meeting, interview training scheduling.
- Project work in the area of human resources.
- Coordinate and assist with charity activities.
- Support and adhere to EHS policies and procedures
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Must possess presentation, strong communication and excellent organization skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve real-time issues
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines when required
- Must currently be enrolled in an administrative or business degree program and willing to work between 20 and 40 hours per week.