Student Services Management InternBookmark This
Veteran Resource Network
DescriptionThe Veteran Resource Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit Veterans Service Organization. We have several programs including the Troops 2 Truckers (www.troops2truckers.net), AdventureVets (www.adventurevets.com), Big River Expedition (www.bigriverexpedition.com) and others. We are in great need of a talented Student Accounts Management Intern to assist our veteran applicants with navigating the training and employment process. You will be tasked with engineering an improved process for handing veteran training and employment inquiries.
Responsibilities- Assist the team with managing our student records.
- Participate in on-line or in-person recruiting events to represent the organization and its programs and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to student managers, including, calendar management, organizing travel and events, completing expense reports, and submitting service requests
- Answer phones (VIA VOIP), distribute email, print/copy documents, order supplies, and set up meetings including conference lines/ video conferences.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
- Be willing to learn the basics of Student Development Theory in order to engage in Student Services
Requirements- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an intermediate user of MS office products like Word, Excel, etc.
- Be comfortable working via Skype teleconferencing
- Have worked in an office of some type before
- Be very proficient with using the Internet
- Have a love for the US Military Veterans