Human Resources InternBookmark This
The Centers for Families and Children
4500 Euclid Ave.
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionUnder the Talent Manager, Recruitment and Retention the intern will assist the HR department in several key areas including but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, compensation and benefits. May include research of other organizations or recognized HR bodies of knowledge (i.e. SHRM, etc). This position is non-paid.
Responsibilities• Participate in HR record keeping review and updates
• Organize and update job descriptions for a variety of positions within The Centers
• Assist in coordinating training programs, company meetings and functions, etc
• Maintain special reports and Human Resources information files (electronic and hard copy)
• May conduct references, phone screens, and interviews under the direction of the HR Manager, Recruiting and Retention
• Assist in special projects and other assignments as required
• Assist with filing, copying and clerical work as needed
Requirements• Background/education in Human Resources or related field preferred.
• Must be able to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Must have experience using the Internet and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel is critical.
• Must have proven ability to work independently in an organized, time-efficient, results-oriented manner.
• Must be able to work effectively and professionally with diverse groups and all levels of staff within the organization
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent time constraints.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills are required.