Human Resources Student Co-Op1Bookmark This
Descriptionob Duration: Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 School Term (must be a student enrolled in college. Recent Graduates not considered eligible).
Compensation: Wage determined by class standing
Job Status: Full-time 40 hours per week
Under direct supervision, assist with managing the design and implementation of student employment programs (i.e. co-ops, interns, summer students, etc). Other duties assigned as needed. May involve some travel to other DTE Energy facilities.
- Responsible for the Full Cycle Recruitment for Co-op Students.
- Responsible for identifying and organizing community service events and other program events.
- Attends College Career Fairs and other Recruiting events.
- Maintains accurate data related to student programs.
- Maintains student personnel files and other pertinent information.
- Assists in the facilitation of the co-op orientation.
- Utilizes SAP and the Taleo Recruiting system.
- Creates correspondence letters to staff and management team.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Support and involvement in general Human Resources activities (i.e. HR Generalist activities).
- Solicits guidance and advice from senior-level HR Staff as needed to ensure that appropriate recommendations and actions are carried out in accordance with Corporate Business Unit needs. - Minimum Sophomore standing majoring in Human Resources Development, Human Resources Management or Business Administration. - Minimum GPA: 2.7
- Student must be currently taking courses or have taken courses specific to their major.
- Proficient verbal (and non-verbal), written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence.
- Must have above average skills in Word, Excel, and Power-Point, Access a plus!
- Ability to work in a team or matrix structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to cope with multiple demands from superiors, peers client groups in a positive and even handed fashion: displays a calm demeanor under pressure .
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include DTE Electric, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, DTE Gas, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at http://www.dteenergy.com
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.