INTERNSHIP - NEW YORKBookmark This
355 Lexington Ave - 15th floor
New York, NY
Job Duration: Part time
Location: New York City - Midtown, NY USA
Position: Association Management Intern
Experience Level: Previous internship preferred but not required
Kellen Company, an association management company, is looking for a part time intern in its New York office. The intern will assist several association clients, including New York Women in Communications, with administrative support. The intern will benefit from learning about nonprofit association management in various industries and will develop his or her event planning, communications and administrative skills through meaningful, hands-on projects. Strong administrative skills, exceptional written and verbal communications, superb customer service abilities and organizational and multi-tasking skills are required.
ResponsibilitiesPlease send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
- Administrative support for Executive Directors and staffs of associations
- Assist in event planning and logistics
- Compose and edit correspondence using Microsoft Office computer applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Opportunity to learn database technology (Personify), website maintenance (Drupal), event planning software (eTouches), email marketing tools (Constant Contact), social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Hootsuite, etc.), and more, depending on intern’s particular interests
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in nonprofit or association management
- Must have completed at least one year of college coursework
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Time commitment and scheduling are flexible based on the intern’s availability. Ideal candidates would be available 2-3 days per week.