IT Command Center Year-Round InternshipsBookmark This
Union Pacific Railroad has internship opportunities in the IT Command Center within the Operations Services group of the Information Technologies Department. The Command Center team continuously monitors the IT enterprise (Network, Distributed and Mainframe Operations) and provides second level support when performance issues or failures are detected. The primary objective of the department is to maintain highly available, mission critical systems for the Union Pacific Railroad. The Command Center operates 24x7 with current internship opportunities on days, evenings, overnights and weekends. Internship requires a 15-20 hour per week work commitment. Internships are located in Omaha, NE. Telecommuting/remote internships are not available. Current or future employment-based sponsorship is not provided.
* Primary Accountabilities include problem solving and communication with internal support teams/customers as well as external vendors.
* Student must be enrolled in a program of study in one of the following areas: Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Information Systems, or related field.
* Proven Critical thinking skills (i.e. the ability to think through a problem and recommend a solution).
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* The ability to work shift hours, which may include evenings, overnights and weekends.
* College credits equivalent to one year towards an undergraduate degree (sophomore status or above) and working towards a Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS ), Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Information Systems, or related field.
* Prior knowledge or experience is preferred in Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems support; and/or general networking concepts and digital transmission systems support.
Union Pacific, a Fortune 200 company, is a leader in developing and applying new technology to efficiently move freight in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. Technological advances in freight cars, locomotives, track and communications have enabled Union Pacific to continue to be on the leading edge of the transportation industry. UP’s success is built on one of the most advanced networks, consisting of voice, video, radio fiber optics, microwave, internet and data communications.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
*Location:* Omaha, NE
*Closing Date:* 07-31-2014