IT Healthcare Business Analyst - Experience wBookmark This
IT Healthcare Business Analyst - Experience with Remedy Incident System (Columbia, MD)
Business Analyst 05
Jan 28, 2014, 10:48:09 AM
The Development Effort Consolidation Contract (DECC) of which CSC is the lead under the Centers for Medicare and MedicaidServices (CMS) constructs CMSs forward looking health care quality systems environment. This program is in its third option period supporting various lines of businesses across the agency.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, designs and recommends business processes to improve and support business activities.
- Analyzes and documents client's business requirements and processes and communicates these requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates from organization.
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design. Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Provides input into developingand modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Facilitates meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Assists in coordinating business analyst tasks on information technology projects and provide support to other team members.
- Assists in analyzing testing results in all phases.
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried out through the entire project.
- Assists in providing time estimates for project related tasks.
- Assists with developing the methods and procedures required to identify whether current business goals and objectives meet organizational needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of business analysis experience
- Experience working with the interface of information technology with functional groups within an organization
- Experience working with business processes and re-engineering
- Experience working with computer programming concepts and basic language
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Presentation skills to present to management and customers
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good ability to work in a team environment with multiple team members
- Willingness to travel
Required Program Skills
- Business Analyst or IT Representative that will provide escalation support regarding client issues.
- Responsible for examining and resolving problems with, but not limited to, workflow or defects in data, software or procedures.
- Help Desk experience
- Working knowledge of Remedy incident management system
- Working knowledge ofmicrocomputer software, hardware and networks
- Working knowledge MS Office Suite, and MS Outlook
- Proficient in use of spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel including ability to use large data sets, filters and find specific data in large lists
- Familiarity with database concepts including basic understanding of database tables, relations, data types and values
- Ability to run moderately complex SQL queries for business analysis and reporting
- Previous experience in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) environment helpful
- Strong organizational, prioritization, time and resource management skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills are a must
- Excellent attention to detail and strong troubleshooting/analytical skills
Remote Work Authorized: