IT Procurement Analyst - Hardware and Infrastructure ServicesBookmark This
Software Guidance & Assistance
DescriptionSoftware Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an IT Procurement Analyst for a FULL TIME POSITION with one of our premier clients in the Chicagoland area (northern suburbs).
The Hardware/Infrastructure Analyst reports to the Manager of IT vendor management, who has responsibility for hardware and services. The analyst will assist the manager with various duties to accomplish the following goals:
- Maximize savings on spend with vendors of IT products.
- Minimize risk of doing business with IT vendors by negotiating new and renewing existing contracts that protect best interests.
- Facilitate ease of doing business with IT Vendors.
- Communicate vendor management best practices to multiple divisions.
- Implement of new supplier relationships
- Responsibilities include working with Vendors and Business Units in one or more of the following areas as assigned: Hardware and services (e.g. PCs, networks, servers, cloud, storage, back up, print and imaging, and Infrastructure as a Service IaaS).
- Assists hardware manager in profiling categories, reviewing spend, summarizing initiatives, and generally being capable of producing insightful executive level PowerPoint presentations.
- Performs business analysis and creates business cases related to vendor evaluation.
- Ensures proper pricing per contracts.
- Maintains SharePoint site for marketing and communicating hardware programs to businesses.
- Analyzes data for accuracy, completeness, and uniformity, including import and export of data in a variety of file formats, using various database applications.
- Identifies sourcing opportunities via spend analysis.
- Quantifies the benefits of sourcing initiatives including the expected calculation, baseline spend, and rate and/or demand comparisons.
- Bachelors degree in business, information systems, procurement, supply chain management, accounting or finance.
- 3+ years working in vendor management/procurement/strategic sourcing.
- Excellent relationship building, written, verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Business acumen combined with technical background.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and SharePoint, Access, and data analysis; highly analytical.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Familiar with sourcing processes including RFXs (RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs), eSourcing events and spend analytics.
- Self-starter with positive attitude and good team player.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and Consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit in addition to transferring H1B Visa sponsorship. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. Software, Guidance and Assistance is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.