Cybersecurity Tier 2 Security Analyst - USBookmark This
J.P. Morgan Chase
DescriptionJPMorgan Chase Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The JPMorgan Chase Technology Center on the campus of Syracuse University is a firm-wide Center of Excellence for Information Security, Risk Management as well as a test bed for technology innovation. The Tech center is a key component of our unique, industry leading partnership with Syracuse University.
The focus within the Tech Center ranges from security event monitoring to access management to the engineering of critical security tools for the firm. Our collaboration with Syracuse University focuses on creating a unique curriculum in the domain of Global Enterprise Technology, performing applied research in areas of mutual interest - with the majority of research focused on Cyber Security. The JPMC Tech Center is also committed to the city of Syracuse and active in community service throughout the city.
The Tech Center is looking for dynamic technologists interested in driving innovation at a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The Global Security Vulnerability Management Operations group is currently looking for a Tier2 Security Incident Analyst to be responsible for escalation point for Tier 1, eyes on glass monitoring and resolution of security incidents within established customer Service Level Agreements. Performing daily operational real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems,network infrastructurelogs, system logs (Unix Windows), mainframes, midrange, applications and databases
- Additional responsibilities will include performing documentation review and improvement, attending meetings as needed, serve front line response for troubleshooting low-level engineering issues as needed.
- Collaboration with Line of Business technical teams for issue resolution and mitigation
- Documentation of actions taken for audit, regulatory and legal purposes within approved event tracking system
- Communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required by process or management
- Specialize in network and log centric analysis