IT Security AnalystBookmark This
Oak Brook, IL
Join our dynamic, progressive team of IT professionals in an environment where you can learn and grow, and create innovative technology solutions to help our business flourish. Become a part of our rich heritage that has grown from a small family business to a global organization with a presence in over 180 countries.
At the heart of the Kellogg Company is technology a key enabler of how we market, sell and manufacture our well-known and beloved brands to consumers around the globe.
We have an opening for you to grow with us asIT Security Analyst in Oak Brook, IL. This critical role will contribute to daily operations that protect the Kellogg brand, data and systems.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
In your role as an IT Security Analyst you will help Kellogg grow our business and build on our success by:
- Ensuring that individual initiatives, commitments and services are delivered in a timely, effective and professional manner
- Contributing to the maintenance of security reporting metrics to support key decision makers
- Responding to security violations and identifying trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security
- Contributing to global risk and security metrics and KPI's to assess the effectiveness of the current security services and identify recommendations to report to senior leadership
- Supporting audits and ensuring systems are functioning and performing properly
- Contributing to review of new trends and propose changes that will enhance the operation of the Security Operation Center (SOC)
- Contributing to a proactive-reactive response plan to critical events affecting the organization in which you will direct incident and emergency response, assisting in investigating security breaches and pursuing associated course of action
- Upholding highest level of confidentiality
- Participating in the operation and service of all of the SOC's systems while monitoring, distributing and analyzing security alerts and information
- Summarizing, interpreting and reporting security metrics across all capabilities
Additionally, you will be ensuring effective operation of following security infrastructure capabilities:
- Intrusion Detection/ Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Anti -Malware Systems
- Web Application Firewalls
- Identify Management Systems
- E-Mail Security Services/ Anti-Phishing technologies
- Traditional and Next Gen Firewalls
- Contributing to analysis and risk implications of changes in the infrastructure and the control environment on a global scale
- Providing updates new hires security materials, code of conduct and privacy materials, and Corporate Governance Material Security
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we recruit the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated track record of responding to and defending against software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Exposure and knowledge of deploying and configuring scanning and analysis technologies.
- Background with penetration testing, scripting, log analysis tools and patching tools is required.
- Exposure to Computer Security Incident Response and SIEM event correlation.
- Developing knowledge of software, hardware and networking information technologies and in-depth knowledge of IT security IT controls concepts, practices and procedures.
- Developing knowledge of technical security solutions such as IDS/IPS, secure remote access, firewalls, encryption, VPNs, secure protocols, data protection, data loss prevention and identity management solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance or supervision in a time critical environment and be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers across the globe.
- Knowledge and experience with various IT governance and control frameworks (NIST, COBIT, COSO, ITIL, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree with consistently demonstrated hands on experience in Security or network operations.
- Relevant professional certification (CPP, CISA, CISM, or CISSP)
- Firewall Management System Experience.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish..