IT Security Analyst InternshipBookmark This
Allstate Insurance Company
2775 N. Sanders Rd.
DescriptionThe Opportunity We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent is that you? The Role As a SecurityAnalyst Intern you will be responsible for monitoring multiple security technologies using the ArcSight Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents. *Target Start Date: May/June 2014Responsibilities
- Follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents
- Monitor multiple security technologies, such as IDS/IPS, syslog, file integrity, vulnerability scanners.
- Correlate and analyze events using the ArcSight Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a Security program
- Understandingof one of the following: Network operations or engineering, System administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network-and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, Network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers and our employees in Good Hands.
Connect with us onTwitter,Facebook,PinterestandLinkedInto find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees inWe Are Allstate
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012 Computerworld magazine
- #11 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2012Information Week
- 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013- CareerBliss