IT Systems Analyst/ ProgrammerBookmark This
1775 Story Road
San Jose, CA
We are looking for a goal-oriented IT System Analyst/ Programmer - Contractor who thrives on being successful. Grow your career with Mi Pueblo Food Center , winner of the 2009 Hispanic Retail excellence award. We have an excellent opportunity for an IT System Analyst/ Programmer with retail experience to make a difference, hit the ground running, and build a career with us.
Responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements, delivering IT solutions for daily financial KPIs to executives and senior managers, converting data files into specific import formats for auto loading and processing into secondary systems i.e. FMS, Category Analyzer, etc. and develop business processes for effective deployment.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications.
- Deliver programming code meeting requirements and design documentation.
- Understand customers' business objectives and system requirements and work closely with customers to determine their strategic information requirements and measure performance against expectations. Assist in customer resolution.
- Define implementation activities and assign individual responsibilities; assume leadership role for implementation activities; coordinate implementation with other parts of the enterprise and provide routine status of activities to Project Manager or direct supervisor.
- Provide production support to delivered solutions as necessary for effective deployment and implementation.
*All solutions delivered through these projects will be the sole property of Mi Pueblo Foods and confidential agreements must be implemented prior to initiating work.
- 4 year college degree (Finance, Accounting, IT or related field) a plus
- 6-7 Years experience delivering financial reporting and data conversion solutions utilizing Excel VBA, VB, C++, MS Access SQL, and PL/SQL
- 6-7 Years experience in database design and implementation primarily in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database
- 5-6 years experience facing customers for requirements gathering and documenting current state processes
- 4-6 years experience working with financial systems and processes delivering PL reports and overall KPIs
- Experience with industry programming documentation standards for code generated through these initiatives
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environments
- Preferred - 3-5 years experience in ETL/FTP/SFTP integration processes
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to communicate to the client effectively
- Excellent ability to listen and explain proper solutions to our clientele
- Self-motivator and able to deliver satisfactory work under limited supervision
- High degree of initiative and results orientation
- Organization skills to manage multiple initiatives. Must have a valid California driver license, up to date insurance and reliable use of transportation
*Initial contractor position with the possibility of full-time opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.