IT/Computer Systems Intern (Unpaid)Bookmark This
Manhattan Tech Support
420 Lexington Ave
New York, NY
DescriptionManhattan Tech Support (MTS) is a rapidly growing IT Managed Services Provider to small and medium sized businesses in the Metro New York City area. We are located in Midtown Manhattan. We are looking to hire unpaid interns that may lead to a full-time job offer. We offer both part-time and full-time internships. We offer internship opportunities all year around, so apply today and join our team. You will be working out of our headquarters in NYC and also going to our client's locations under the supervision of an experienced technician.
Internships are a minimum of 8 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks.
ResponsibilitiesAll of the responsibilities below will be performed under the supervision of an experienced technician.
• Assist technicians with day-to-day tasks.
• Go to client sites and solve issues.
• Build computers.
• Perform remote maintenance on client systems
Requirements• Troubleshooting hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
• Building PCs from scratch, installing the operating system and all the drivers compatible with the specific machine (audio, video, Ethernet, others).
• Installing Microsoft Office suite, Antivirus and other software on PCs.
• Performing PC cleanup, installing required updates and patches on desktops.
• Maintain and troubleshoot of users Smartphone devices.
• Troubleshooting printer issues.
• Assisting users to setup their voice mail, security code on the phone.
• Providing phone and email support for remote users.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7 and MAC OS.
• Strong understanding of network concepts and infrastructure.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Able to lift at least 30 LB.
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with Connectwise.
• Experience with Labtech.