Industrial Hygiene Intern GradBookmark This
DescriptionJob Description: In this position, you will be representing the Intel Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Organization in the area of EHS engineering. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the compliance of all applicable codes and regulations including OSHA, EPA, state and local regulations, and Intel policies
- Influencing partner organizations to increase ownership and buy in of safety programs to ensure that we create an Injury Free Environment
- Developing, completing and interpreting industrial hygiene sampling
- Calibrating and using a variety of sampling and direct-reading instrumentation
- Writing professional-level reports explaining methodologies and findings for assessments and audits, and, developing recommendations for improvement of employee or organization health, safety and efficiency
- Teaming up with other EHS professionals on a site, regional and worldwide level to share learnings, increase innovation and drive synergy throughout Intel
Facilities - Refers to all factory facilities systems including but not limited to Bulk Chemical Delivery, Electrical, Specialty Gas Systems, Instrumentation and Controls, Liquid Industrial Waste, Mechanical and Ultrapure Water Systems.
Intel Industrial Hygiene College Intern
You must possess a minimum 3.25 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) Masters of Science degree in Industrial Hygiene.
- 1 Yr experience and completed coursework in the following: OSHA health and safety regulations, indoor environmental quality standards and occupational exposure standards.
- 1 Yr application of the following: sampling equipment, direct-reading instrumentation, noise dosimeters and associated hardware and software.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team
- Ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management
- Values safety for yourself and others around you
- Potential work locations include: Rio Rancho, NM or Hillsboro, OR