Interactive Department InternBookmark This
5750 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAEG Live, the live-entertainment division of Los Angeles-based AEG, is dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance. AEG Live is comprised of touring, festival, exhibition, broadcast, merchandise and special event divisions, fifteen regional offices and owns, operates or exclusively books thirty-five state-of-the-art venues. The current and recent concert tour roster includes artists such as Taylor Swift, The Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Justin Bieber, Leonard Cohen, Wisin & Yandel, Kenny Chesney, P!nk and Paul McCartney. The company previously produced productions including Cher and Celine Dion at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace and Supernatural Santana: A Trip Through the Hits at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. AEG Live is also the largest producer of music festivals in North America from the critically acclaimed Coachella Music & Arts Festival to Stagecoach and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
ResponsibilitiesWe look for students who are passionate, dedicated, energetic, resourceful and creative. We encourage students who possess fundamental skills in not only their area of study, but also desire to establish a launching pad for future career opportunities. As our company continues to set new standards of excellence in live entertainment, we are committed to engaging the next generation of entertainment professionals to help keep us at the top of our game. Every department at our company depends on a wide range of skills and ideas to fuel our creative work, so we particularly encourage students from diverse backgrounds with varied experiences to apply for our internship programs. At AEG Live, you’ll get hands-on experience, gain knowledge of the industry and develop a network for your professional career.
• The Interactive Marketing department develops and manages digital initiatives for tours, festivals, and local shows booked by AEG Live and Goldenvoice. Interns will learn the fundamentals of how to create successful digital campaigns to promote concerts nationally and locally across multiple channels such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, email, online ads, mobile, blogs, and other promotional platforms.
• Interns will assist with social media strategies, social metrics, suggest content, and be involved in the creative process of proposing campaign ideas for current and potential tours
• Research and find websites for promotional partnerships, ad placements, press release submissions, event listings, and guerilla marketing opportunities to effectively target fans
• Stay up to date with digital, tech, and social media trends to offer new ideas for marketing campaigns
• Create reports and recaps for current and past tours to assess marketing performance
• Keep the website up to date, check for errors and incorrect show information
Requirements• Must be a junior or senior at a full-time and accredited college or university
• Must provide proof of college credit within first week of internship
• Passionate about music
• Previous work experience (industry related experience is encouraged)
• Works well in a team environment
• Commitment to 16-20 hours work per week during semester
• Provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
• Computer literacy in MS Office programs (or other programs if the position demands it, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
• Can provide own housing and transportation to and from AEG Live office in Los Angeles, CA