Interactive Design Intern *** PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS *******Bookmark This
American Student Assistance
100 Cambridge Street
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Description*** PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***
American Student Assistance® (ASA) is seeking an energetic, undergraduate intern to join our Marketing & Product Development team. The Interactive Design intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience in the product development and management of SALTSM, a membership program that was created to help students take charge of their finances during college and beyond. Our interns attend staff meetings, and contribute to marketing, social media and product development strategy, as well as work and meet with fellow interns for skill development projects and events throughout the program. This is a paid internship and candidate needs to be able to work 10-25 hours per week over a three month spring semester engagement.
ResponsibilitiesAs an intern with the Interactive Design team, you may participate in and contribute to any one of the following:
• Participate in the design of user interface features for the SALT website and related mobile applications by collaborating with visual designers, information architects, product managers and front-end web developers.
• Contribute to product planning, product development, and information architecture (IA) discussions related to the SALT product roadmap.
• Assist in the creation of wireframes, process flows, and sitemaps to help bring rich interactive web experiences to life.
• Observe current and emerging web technologies to identify interaction design trends, accepted practices in web application design, and other techniques to drive member engagement.
• Collaborate with front-end development teams on interactive features to ensure that the most optimal user experience is being provided to SALT users.
• Work with the Market Research team to identify the needs and desires of SALT’s core demographic and develop interactive concepts that can satisfy unmet needs.
• Possess a solid understanding of the responsive design landscape and be an advocate for ‘mobile first’.
• Help maintain UI specifications such as online style guides and standards documents.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in ASA’s skill development programs for Spring Interns.
• Participate in Marketing & Product Development strategy meetings.
• Provide an end user point of view, opinions and feedback on Marketing and Product
Development initiatives in a constructive manner.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Relevant majors might include: Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, Computer Animation, Visual Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science.
• Candidates should provide two samples of their work with the application. Acceptable samples may include wireframes, site maps, visual design elements, mockups, interactive page layouts, or motion graphics.
• Proficient with the social media landscape (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare etc.)
• Strong candidates will possess an established social media network/presence.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
• Familiarity with saltmoney.org, blog.saltmoney.org and asa.org preferred.
• Passion about higher education, social innovation, or non-profit marketing is always a plus.
• Strong critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive, creative, hardworking and energetic.
• Willing to learn new things and is comfortable sharing first-person stories in a written or video format.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.