Interior Design InternBookmark This
beTM interior design & management
Pilgrim Road and North St
North Weymouth, MA
DescriptionInterior designer with home office seeks freelance, part time intern or assistant.
Ideal Background for this position would be:
- kitchen design
- home furnishings sales, particularly of upholstered furniture (such as mid/to/high home furnishings retail or to the trade environment)
- interior design or decoration (assistant to the designer or entry level designer) for residential, or student or recent grad of such a program
- a non traditional background (without formal design training or experience) but fairly proficient in Chief Architect or Chief Architect Home Designer Pro, or 2020
- window treatment specialist or fabricator
IMPORTANT NOTE: To apply, send your application via EMAIL to be@beTMdesign.com . Please indicate availability, experience, any special/other skills, reason for interest, and hourly pay rate range expectations. Please note: attachments sent with no cover letter in the message field will not be opened. Compressed (WIN RAR) files will not be opened. Please place your cover letter as a regular email message and attach only resume and any desired samples in Word, PDF, or JPEG form.
ResponsibilitiesTypical tasks can include, depending upon business needs and candidate's skills and experience:
- preparing color palettes
- selecting window treatments, or/and inputting them into computer database, or editing window treatment information
- drawing or editing in rooms in Chief Architect or Pro Kitchen
- production, project management, and expediting on kitchen cabinet orders
- project management and expediting of product purchasing including inputting purchase orders and pricing information, ordering and following up of product, incoming product packages
- invoicing and writing business letters
- selecting accessories
- internet research
- presentation preparation
- phone calls to clients, vendors, etc.
- on site assistance with measuring, photo session prep, installations of furnishings/decor, or etc.
- editing written documents
- errands including shopping, pickup or return of products or samples, dropoff of mailings, etc.
- hand sketching of design concepts
- and many other tasks related to support of an interior design business or the design process
RequirementsDesirable training, skills, or experience might include the following:
- 2020 Design (or ProKitchen)
- Chief Architect
- Color Theory
- Hand sketching
Desirable traits and experience:
- pleasant, personable, cheerful and friendly
- confident, happy to try new things, learns quickly, a problem-solver
- able to take direction, able to ask for help when needed, able to research solutions
- able to multitask, switch tasks modes quickly, or focus deeply on one task for long periods
- customer service experience a plus
- pleasant handwriting, pleasant telephone voice/demeanor
Note: Computer aided design skills are not required, but are desirable. Our primary software is Chief Architect and ProKitchen (very similar interface to 2020). For the right candidate who has experience in other computer aided design programs such as RevIt, or Sketchup; a copy of Chief Architect may be provided if you are interested and available to learn this on your own time.
Due to some aspects of this position and location, someone who would not have a long commute, and who would be commuting by vehicle would be preferable. Location is near corner of Pilgrim Rd. and North St. in North Weymouth, MA. Free parking is always available.
Hours available vary but current need is for one day per week most weeks, one approximately six hour session. A minimum of four hours is always guaranteed per session. Flexible as to day of week and time of day, but earliest start time is 10.00 am and latest is 1pm. Guaranteed hours are two sessions per month. Would prefer someone who is available for two sessions per week, with possible room to grow. Could lead to to a larger part time position in the future if business allows.