Interior Design Internship in New York CityBookmark This
Cliff Young ltd
200 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionThis is a great opportunity for design-savvy, computer-literate and organized students or anyone who is looking to gain insight into the furniture/interior design industry as well as real-world marketing and graphic design experience. You will be an integral part of a team dedicated to providing high-end clients superior quality custom furniture. The majority of interns who have successfully completed the program here have gone on to find jobs in the industry.
We are looking for candidates who can begin IMMEDIATELY and can work a minimum of 3 days a week with a commitment to at least 3 months.
This is an UNPAID internship. Daily stipend and school credit will be offered along with a letter of recommendation when your internship ends.
Please visit our website for more information about our company www.cliffyoungltd.com
Depending on your background, responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- receptionist duties (greeting clients, answering phones, tracking showroom traffic, taking messages, etc.)
- maintain tearsheet library
- edit images for tearsheets, catalogs & website using Photoshop
- create floorplans in AutoCAD
- create sketches and color renderings for designers
- assist designers in selecting fabrics, leathers, finishes, room layouts, etc.
- design catalogs, fliers, client presentations, product labels, etc.
- keep vendor catalogs and price lists up to date
- update & maintain library and sample room
- maintain customer database
- contribute to marketing campaigns
- write creative content and update social medias
- initiate presence on other social networking sites
- manage accounts on industry websites
- participate in design, sales and marketing meetings
- provide administrative support to staff as needed
RequirementsThe ideal candidate MUST:
- be reliable, on time, EXTREMELY organized and detail oriented
- be comfortable interacting with customers in person and on the phone
- be in good academic standing if you are a student
- be computer savvy and highly proficient with Microsoft Office as well as Adobe Photoshop (Must know Autocad if applying for interior design internship)
- have highly developed internet research skills
- be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- have a bright, positive attitude and a proactive, professional yet friendly demeanor