Intern- Customs FTABookmark This
DescriptionLocation: Southfield, MI, United StatesEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESCRIPTION:For students bringing a team-oriented spirit, an eagerness to learn and a strong analytical ability, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Customs Team of a leading global Fortune 500 automotive supplier. We are seeking talented entry level Finance, Economics, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, and International Business students for internship opportunities in the Customs Department.
Selected candidate will assist the department with day to day work flow and ongoing projects including but not limited to:
- Utilize the SAP system to research finished part numbers or raw material that are purchased from US, Canadian, or Mexican suppliers.
- Create FTA certificates and contact suppliers asking for qualifying information and assist with complete management of certificate program. (i.e. enforcing. requirements for eligibility, using information systems, customer follow up etc.)
- Support import team with data collection on materials currently sourced from off shore suppliers.
- Obtain material specification from suppliers both, internal or external, for Customs Audit.
- Learn ACROSS system and support Canadian clearance.
- Support import team by sending delivery and customs confirmation to the various forwarders.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, International Business or equivalent required with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Prior Finance and/or Accounting related internship experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside of the educational setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong motivation to drive results.
- Interest in Finance, Auditing, and/or Accounting career path.
- Interest in automotive industry.
- Ability and drive to solve problems and suggest proactive solutions.
Note: Interested candidates are also required to respond to this posting via resume submission on Federal-Mogul’s corporate website: www.federal-mogul.com/careers. Federal-Mogul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.