Intern, EngineeringBookmark This
DescriptionTitle: Intern, Engineering
Job Number: CHI005857
Assist members of the Product & Brand Design Engineering group in completion of daily responsibilities and long-range goals related to the design, operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems for new and existing properties.
* Conduct research as requested on MEP components and systems, and provide evaluation on their potential application for hotels.
* Perform calculations to verify the indicated capacities of: air-conditioning, heating, electricity and water provided for a new hotel.
* Assist in the consolidation of International, North American, Full-Service and Select-Service design standards into a single, unified, cohesive document.
* Review submitted documents (plans and specifications) to insure compliance with Hyatt standards.
* Familiarization with application of standard engineering practices as related to the design, operation and maintenance of hotels.
* Assist in energy and environmental performance analysis, ROI analysis and reporting.
* Obtain a practical understanding of the methodology of engineering design for hospitality.
* Develop heightened sense of team” in the solution of technical challenges that also interact or influence the operational functions of a hotel.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilites, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
* Current Junior in College studying Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* 3.0 GPA
Organization: The Americas