Intern - Engineering (R&D)Bookmark This
Canon US Life Sciences
Canon U.S. Life Sciences is currently seeking an Engineering Intern for a 14-week paid internship in the areas of microfluidics, systems, and device engineering within the field of medical diagnostics.Responsibilities:
As an intern you will be assisting RD engineers and scientists in prototyping and testing components of Canon’s new genetic diagnostic instruments. You will design and test prototypes, conduct experiments, and prepare summary presentations/reports.Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or recent graduate from a BS program (rising seniors preferred)
- Ability and desire to work for a 14 week period from May to August 2014
- Prior design and laboratory experience in one of the following technology areas: systems integration, microfluidics, bio-instrumentation, or prototype fabrication
- Experience with prototyping and testing components or sub-systems
- Ability to innovate and find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to perform and design experiments and write summary test reports
- MATLAB or CAD modeling software (e.g., Solidworks) expertise is a plus
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
Canon U.S. Life Sciences, Inc. is dedicated to extending innovative Canon core technologies into the burgeoning life sciences field — and to the introduction and marketing of vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.