Intern Firmware / BIOS DeveloperBookmark This
DescriptionThe individual will become part of Intelligent Systems located in Chandler, Arizona. Our team is specifically chartered to develop BIOS and firmware solutions for present and future Intel embedded platforms which range from our low power Intel(R) Atom line of processors all the way up to higher performance and power Core processors. A successful candidate will apply her/his programming and debug skills by working in a small engineering team responsible for developing fast, small footprint boot loader solutions for our low cost, low power embedded products. Formal programming and software development coursework and experience developing and maintaining complex low level Assembly and C or C++ software in a collaborative team environment is required. Experience with and enterprise level formal software source code control and software quality tools is desired. This job requires a team player with good organizational/planning skills, good oral/written communication skills, and proven past successes in completing large software projects. A successful candidate should also be interested in hands-on software and hardware debug and enjoy working in a fast paced/demanding lab based environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhDdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering with a specific interest in BIOS or firmware development and debug.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Expertise in x86 Assembly, C and/or C++ programming in a Linux environment (GCC, GDB/KDB, etc.)
- A working knowledge of various scripting languages: Perl*, Python*, Bash Shell* and Make
- Working knowledge (debug and development experience) of standard PC system architecture, Operating Systems and Driver internals is required
- Ability to read hardware schematics to determine basic component information, addressing, etc.
- Experience in developing and understanding the intricacies of large scale software development.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take and follow directions and deliver to schedule