Intern - High Performance DisplayBookmark This
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
This individual will be directly involved with technology managers, manufacturing engineers, development leaders, and project managers to learn the batch, melting, forming, BOD, and finishing processes.
Duties will include leading and assisting the technology manager in developing a robust technology portfolio with a defined process of refreshing it each year in support of the bi-annual planning process and 5Yr Plan & High Performance Displays (HPD) Technology Roadmap.
Duties will also include scoping out critical programs and projects in support of the 5Yr Plan.
A Mid Term review and a final review will occur with HPD senior technical and manufacturing leadership in mid- summer.
ResponsibilitiesDay to Day Responsibilities:
• HPD owns manufacturing assets in multiple Asian countries.
• Work will include project development, portfolio development & process for developing the portfolio & projects.
• We are looking for those with a strong level of technical curiosity and who are able to deliver creative solutions to technical and work flow challenges.
• Applicants should have the ability to work in a team based environment and be able to participate as an individual contributor with a desire to engage others along with offering solutions.
• Pending Junior or Senior Engineering Major with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Engineering disciplines such as: Technology Management, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Science
• Technical / Project leadership
• Process engineering skills (quantitative skills, coursework in engineering statistics or other statistical training.
• Technical writing, ability to deliver technical presentations to operators, engineers and managers.
• Innovative and technically curious. Problem solving and decision making.
• Results oriented.
• High commitment level
• Effective communication & presentation skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work on diverse project team. Ability to build new business relationships.