Intern - Human Resources - Michigan State UniversityBookmark This
Battle Creek, MI
Grow with us as a Human Resources Intern. This hands-on experience will provide you with the skills you need to prepare for your future as an HR leader. During your time with us, you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. Together, we'll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Human Resources Intern at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
- Growing your HR skillset in a variety of HR generalist and specialist opportunities by supporting one of the following functions: Manufacturing, Regional Sales, or our Centers of Excellence.
- Working with local HR Managers to grow an understanding of the functional area and establish your own network within the Kellogg Company.
- Participating in project-based work that will allow you to lead change initiatives, improve current processes, and impact significant business objectives.
- Collaborating with other HR interns in a cohort project that will expand the geography and scope of your role.
- Helping to identify employee development needs and coordinating or creating training to support business objectives.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
A hunger to learn and succeed in Human Resources will be foundational to a successful internship. In addition, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Pursuing a Master's degree in a Human Resources or related field
- Potential to grow your career within the HR function as demonstrated through the K-Values and K Power to Grow leadership model.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Present to a committee of Human Resource leaders regarding key insights gained from experiences during the internship. Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be geographically mobile.
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school activities or work experience.
- Strong business acumen.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This position may be based out of one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, regional sales offices, or our headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan.
Additionally, interns will participate in a corporate onboarding orientation consisting of executive exposure, previous intern panels, networking events, and community activities.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.