DescriptionFirst Data is currently looking for an Intern to work in our Corporate Applications Solutions Department. This is an opportunity to work as part of a truly global solution architect team, working with professionals across the enterprise. This dynamic team serves as a liaison between the internal business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Translates high-level, complex business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization, manages changes to such specifications, and educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Gathers information about the organization’s work processes and information flows. Documents existing processes in technical model format in order to evaluate and define new IT solutions and implementation processes. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business groups supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge. Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects. The candidate will partner closely with senior analysts and subject matter experts to deliver product and compliance solutions for our vast array of clients.
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Assists in understanding the software functionality and alternative options for gaps identified between the software functionality and the business requirements; may lead and facilitate a Conference Room Pilot (CRP).
• Documents the functional design requirements for enhancement or new reports, interfaces, conversions, extensions and workflow (RICEW) elements, as well as participates in review of technical design documents as appropriate
• Contributes to the creation of end user test scripts as appropriate.
• Work with technical team, as needed, to translate complex business scenarios/requirements into functional designs for future development.
• Must be currently enrolled in a college/university pursuing a degree in business, computer science or related degree
• Current class standing of Freshman or above
• Must have a current GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
• Knowledgeable in the use of PC applications/MS Office Suite of Tools/Excel specifically
• Basic understanding of Project management.
• Oracle and/or PeopleSoft application experience
Business Segment Overview
First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.