DescriptionCA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported revenue of $4.8 billion in fiscal year 2012.
Under close supervision, participates in project-focused activities that compliment academic training and/or career goals.
- Daily interaction with CA staff to gain practical experience in their field of study.
- Perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, analytical, administrative, and/or financial skills.
- Perform duties and assignments as directed by the various functional managers during the training period.
- Familiarize themselves with the business goals of the corporation.
Typical Role Definition
Administrative Staff. Provides intermediate administrative support. Possesses most of the required proficiencies in their specific area of administrative and support discipline. Applies intermediate level administrative or support skills; may possess some advanced skills. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine questions and problems. Refers complex issues to higher levels.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Manager is consulted for decisions.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Country.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Typically pursuing Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a field related to their assignment.
None typically required.
Skills & Competencies
Ability to learn and apply new information in a timely manner. Demonstrate outstanding time management with the ability to quickly zero in on the critical few and put the trivial many aside. Ability to multi-task, show concern for all aspects of the job, accurately check processes and tasks. Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrate initiative with the proven ability to pursue things with energy. Ability to support others and share accountability. Proven ability to adapt to change and seldom give up in the face of obstacles. Outstanding customer service skills with an understanding of the needs of both internal and external customers. Ability to effectively coach and support change to bring innovation. Strong career motivation with an interest in learning about the company and desire to pursue full time opportunities.
Can you build the career you want? You CAn. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. At a time when customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we're changing the way the world manages IT, to help customers better perform, compete and grow. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our software. It's also why you'll find a wealth of opportunities for important and rewarding work. Come to CA Technologies and build the career you CAn.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program, and Veterinary Care Insurance.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
• Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
• Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
• Banking services
• Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
• Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
• On-site chiropractor
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com.
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Date posted: 03/01/2014