DescriptionWe are currently looking for a motivated and intelligent full-time student to join our Cyber Security team as an Intern in our Islandia headquarters to help us protect the company's assets.
- Daily interaction with CA IT Security staff to gain practical experience in their field of study.
- Perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, analytical and administrative skills.
- Perform duties and assignments as directed by the various functional managers during the training period.
- Familiarize themselves with the business goals of the corporation.
- Enforce security policies by administering and monitoring security profiles, review security violation reports and investigate possible security exceptions
- Respond to security escalations and investigations from automated sources (IDs, Logs, etc.) and non-IT sources including internal HR, Legal, and external requests
- Assist with the development and implementation of security knowledge base documentation.
Typically pursuing Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in an Information Technology program (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, etc). A degree or minor in Information Security is a plus.
Skills & Competencies
- Entry level role
- Develop basic understanding of Information Security core concepts.
- Develop a "Security Mindset"
- Develop knowledge of Security Information and Event Management concepts
- Develop understanding of various operating systems and security configurations within (i.e. AIX, Mainframe, Redhat, Solaris, Windows, Suse, Cisco IOS, Apple MacOS, Apple IOS, Google Android)
- Develop understanding of Computer Networking Concepts / Solutions (i.e.: TCP/IP, IPv6, Proxies, Switching, Routing, VPN Tunnels, DHCP, Subnets, VLAN's, Sniffers)
- Develop understanding of End Point Protection (i.e.: Host-based IDS/IPS /Firewall, Anti-malware, End point hardening, NAC/NAP)
- Develop understanding of Network-based Intrusion Detection / Prevention (Sourcefire, Snort, Signature Creation, etc...)
- Develop understanding of Vulnerability Management concepts and solutions (Denial of Service, Port Scanning, Finger-printing, remediation, Nessus/NMAP)
- Intermediate skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
• Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
• Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
• Banking services
• Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
• Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
• On-site chiropractor
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com.
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Date posted: 12/06/2013