This internship opening is working in the Card Issuing segment of First Data’s IT department. The role will provide support to the “Change the Business" organization.
This team's responsibilities are application development in the online areas to include Common Onlines and Online Authorizations.
The intern will gain experience in all phases of the software development life cycle. They will be exposed to the demand management/initial project inception process to implementation/post implementation support.
The intern will assist in the collection and maintaining of data to support metric reporting around project efforts. The intern will also gain valuable technical exposures as they will support project delivery initiatives through their participation in the software development life cycle.
Job Specific Responsibilities
The intern will be working with the Online Development Areas TD04A (Common Onlines) and TD007 (Online Authorizations).
Individual will gain exposure to include the following:
- Participating in the delivery of software development requests while managing to the continual changes of business demand.
- Collecting and maintaining the status of concepts/projects from team members.
- Supporting team members across all facets of the software development life cycle.
- Updating the team’s sharepoint site with the status of concepts/projects in work
- Must be currently enrolled in a college/university in an area of study applicable to the company.
- Current class standing of Junior or above.
- Must have a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Must have a current GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office PC applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines.
- Practical experience working in a structured environment.
Business Segment Overview
First Data’s Financial Services business is a leading provider of payment solutions, processing more than 12 billion issuer transactions annually for our 738 million card accounts on file. First Data, together with our STAR Network, has relationships with more than 4,000 financial institutions.
We help financial institutions simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: credit, debit and prepaid card processing; STAR® Network solutions; internet banking and bill payment solutions; plus a wide variety of enhanced services, such as data and analytics, loyalty solutions, fraud and risk management, customer contact solutions, and mobile banking services.
First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.