Coral Springs, FL
DescriptionFirst Data is currently looking for an entry level developer Intern to work on Java web development along with online batch applications that support credit card processing. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to work and support next generation payment technologies.
From mobile to e-commerce, gift cards to debit cards, check processing to advanced security features, the First Data development team is changing the world one payment after another. As an intern on our Development team, you will work on our core products and services; you will be interacting with the Application Development teams across the country and overseas; you will interact with Product Managers, Project Managers, GIO (Global Infrastructure Operations) resources and Client/Partner IT resources to collaborate on projects.
Job Specific Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities vary by project area; however may include:
• Participating in design sessions, coding , testing , code deployment and troubleshooting
• Updating and maintaining technical documentation
• Recommending solutions for business requirements
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or related technical field or have recently obtained a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science and are within 6 months of graduation
• Able to work on a part-time basis during class (up to 20 hours a week), with the possibility to work full-time during the summer.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States is required
• Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Business Segment Overview
First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction.