We are currently looking for a qualified Social Media Intern to join our Application Delivery team at our Islandia, NY office.
Under close supervision, participates in project-focused activities that compliment academic training and/or career goals.
- Daily interaction with CA staff to gain practical experience in "new world of Social Media".
- Perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, analytical, administrative, and/or financial skills.
- Perform duties and assignments as directed by the various functional managers during the training period.
- Familiarize themselves with the business goals of the corporation.
- Engage the business unit to identify discussion topics worthy of posting to various social media outlets
- Monitor and research the related community and social media sites for trending topics pertaining to the business unit
- Responsible for crafting the content for posting on social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Typically pursuing Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or Marketing related field
- Very familiar with social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Social media site blogging and posting experience.
- Able to articulate information provided to and translate through company's social media outlets
- Interest in technology and motivated to cultivate their skills and to apply their knowledge to the fast paced dynamic world of Software development.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply new information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate outstanding time management with the ability to quickly zero in on the critical few and put the trivial many aside.
- Ability to multi-task, show concern for all aspects of the job, accurately check processes and tasks.
- Demonstrate initiative with the proven ability to pursue things with energy.
- Ability to support others and share accountability.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and seldom give up in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to effectively coach and support change to bring innovation.
- Strong career motivation with an interest in learning about the company and desire to pursue full time opportunities.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
• Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
• Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
• Banking services
• Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
• Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
• On-site chiropractor
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com.
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
Date posted: 03/01/2014