DescriptionWe are looking for motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are interested in an Internship opportunity within our Mainframe Development organization. Do you have a
passion for learning and broadening your knowledge in the area of software development? Do you want to learn from experts in the Mainframe industry? If so this could be a great opportunity for you to join CA Technologies world class Mainframe software development organization.
As an Intern in our Mainframe Development organization, you will become a member of our Mainframe Business Unit and work alongside senior software engineers specializing in the IBM mainframe technology. In this role, you will not only build skills, gain increasing responsibility, and work on a platform that over ninety percent of the Fortune 1,000 rely on, but you will also have fun while you learn!
Under close supervision, participates in project-focused activities that compliment academic training and/or career goals.
- Daily interaction with CA staff to gain practical experience
- Perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing technical, organizational, analytical, and administrative skills.
- Perform duties and assignments as directed by the various functional managers during the training period.
- Typically pursuing Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or global equivalent in a field related to their assignment.
- Ability to learn and apply new information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate outstanding time management with the ability to quickly zero in on the critical few and put the trivial many aside.
- Ability to multi-task, show concern for all aspects of the job, accurately check processes and tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative with the proven ability to pursue things with energy.
- Ability to support others and share accountability.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and seldom give up in the face of obstacles.
- Outstanding customer service skills with an understanding of the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively coach and support change to bring innovation.
- Strong career motivation with an interest in learning about the company and desire to pursue full time opportunities.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
This position can be based in the following locations:
US, New York, Islandia , 100A
US, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh , 152A
US, Texas, Plano , 280A
US, Illinois, Lisle, 267A
US, MA, Framingham , 121A
Date posted: 03/01/2014