Intern - Information Technology - Summer 2014Bookmark This
Oak Brook, IL
DescriptionInnovate with us as you spend your summer with the Kellogg IT organization. We have opportunities in Oak Brook, IL and Battle Creek, MI. GROW WITH US as you work with a progressive, dynamic group of technical professionals. Engage with us as you explore different technical competencies and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter. WHAT WILL I BE DOING? We have a variety of internship opportunities available within our IT organization. Opportunities include:
* Digital Marketing Team: Delivering and supporting web, mobile and consumer-relationship technologies through deployment techniques and project management. Having a working knowledge of marketing execution campaigns is highly preferred. Located in Battle Creek, MI
* Network Infrastructure Team: Delivering and supporting network technologies through the deployment, updating, and monitoring of the network environment; involvement in network resolutions; and/or project management. Located in Oak Brook, IL
* UNIX Infrastructure Team: Ensuring maintenance contracts are forecasted accurately; learn and execute UNIX server builds; automate operational processes; update server inventory; and process documentation for the UNIX and Storage Environments. Located in Oak Brook, IL
* Windows/Server Infrastructure Team: Ensuring maintenance contracts are forecasted accurately; learn and execute Windows server build; help automate operational processes; and participating in the update of server inventory and process documentation for the Windows Server Environment.. Located in Oak Brook, IL
* Portal Team: Supporting our global SharePoint portal team to deliver enhancements. This will include page design and the deployment of social sites and mobile technologies. In addition, there will be opportunities to interact with multiple teams across the company. Working knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office preferred. Located in Battle Creek, MI
* IT Portal Team: Working with our IT portal team to collect and upload content to the global IT site; develop and deploy sub sites for various areas in IT; and assist in training content authors. A working knowledge of SharePoint is highly preferred. Located in Oak Brook, IL
* Security Team: Working in the implementation of IT security measures. Located in Oak Brook, IL
*IT Controls Team: Working with our IT teams and business partners to ensure quality and performance of IT services. Located in Oak Brook, IL
* BusinessApplications Teams: Join the teams that work day to day with the various functions of the Kellogg Company in areas such as Supply Chain, Sales, Finance, Demand Planning, Human Resources etc. Projects include working closely with business executives and actively assisting tactical or executional projects. Examples of systems that would be in scope would be various SAP Applications, JDA Systems, Success Factors, Terra Technologies and several other leading edge tools. Located in Oak Brook, IL or Battle Creek, MI
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Information Technology, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements: Required:
* Candidate must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related analytical field.
* Minimum of 3.0 GPA (Cumulative) on a 4.0 scale
* Willing to commit to 3 Months in 2014 (Late May Mid August)
* Analytical/problem solving skills.
* Ability to influence and collaborate
* Organizational prioritization skills
* Logical thinking Preferred:
* Educational knowledge and/or internship experience in at least one of the following aspects of Information Technology work processes: (current or planned studies): IT Application or Infrastructure Experience, Software Development, IT Application or Infrastructure Development, Configuration, and Implementation Methodologies, IT Work Process Concepts/Models, Web Design, Social Media, Security, IT Project Management, Supply Chain Logistics Technology, professional skills and competencies, logical thinking WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
* Competitive salary commensurate with education level and experience
* Moving allowance available to students that live 50 miles or more from our two Kellogg Company IT campus sites (Oak Brook, IL or Battle Creek, MI) as well as a rental stipend. Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.