Intern - M&A IntegrationBookmark This
Palo Alto, CA
Description# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
# Why work for our Division
Finance is a global organization that’s dedicated to the short- and long-term growth and success of VMware – and to using analytical tools and collaboration to build connections internally and externally. It’s a fast-paced environment, with lots to learn. We’re looking for people with strong critical thinking skills, who want to work collaboratively, serve our customers and make good choices. Uncompromising ethics and integrity are hallmarks of our organization. We’re a diverse group, covering the areas of corporate finance, FP&A;, pricing, mergers and acquisition integration, revenue, investor relations, treasury, license compliance, tax, internal audit and the many corporate accounting functions. Come, join our team of motivated professionals, and grow with VMware.
# Job Description
The M&A; Integration intern at VMware will work closely with members of the VMware M&A; organization to provide insight and analysis to our business partners in the Products, Sales and CFO organizations. The M&A; Integration intern will receive substantial guidance, feedback and mentoring from the M&A; Integration team, but will also have the opportunity to independently develop solutions to assignments.
The intern will own a significant project and will also be assigned ongoing analysis and reporting deliverables.
Potential projects include:
* Assist on active M&A; projects
* Revise and update Business Process Inventory forms
* Document required handoffs to downstream teams such as NPI (new product introduction/launch) and IT
* Research collaboration tools such as Dropbox and/or Project Management tools as well as workflow and processes specific to M&A;
* Document interdependencies between GTM (go to market) strategy, GTM integration and business unit and product launch teams
At the culmination of the internship, the intern will present results from the project to Senior Finance Management and Business Partners.
If you are a first-year MBA student with coursework in Strategy, Operations, and Finance and are looking for an internship in high-tech, then you should strongly consider career opportunities in M&A; Integration at VMware. In general we look for:
* A record of rigorous course work and outstanding academic achievement
* Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
* Ability to manipulate data and work with different data sources
* Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people using strong written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency using Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
* Additional coursework in management information systems or managing technology a plus
* Previous work experience in management consulting, systems, or finance is a plus
# EEO Statement
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
*Posting Title:* Intern - M&A; Integration
*Location:* Palo Alto, CA, US
*Requisition Number:* 49001BR
*Level of Job (LinkedIn):* Internship