Intern - MTS - Nicira NSXBookmark This
Palo Alto, CA
Description# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
# Why work for our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D; offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
# Job Description
VMware is looking for a new college grad to join our Distributed Software Systems team in which you will be working on NSX product team.
This software engineer will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment.
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
* Design and develop software in C++ and Python for distributed software in a Network Virtualization environment.
* Actively involved in our large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
* Ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to.
* Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
* Experience writing C++ code.
* Experience with development in a large-scale distributed systems environment such as large scale web infrastructure, distributed systems, database replication, high availability, etc.
* Experience with high-level server application design.
* Linux development.
* Experience with Python programming.
* Excellent analytical skill and critical thinking.
Highly Desired Skills:
* Quality, out-of –the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident
* Positive experience with small teams & high accountability
* Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
A Computer Science undergraduate and/or master’s degree is required. Ph.D in Computer Science is preferred.
# EEO Statement
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
*Posting Title:* Intern - MTS - Nicira NSX
*Location:* Palo Alto, CA, US
*Is this a remote or multiple location position?:* No
*Requisition Number:* 46383BR
*Level of Job (LinkedIn):* Internship