Intern - Pricing AnalystBookmark This
Palo Alto, CA
Description# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
# Why work for our Division
Finance is a global organization that’s dedicated to the short- and long-term growth and success of VMware – and to using analytical tools and collaboration to build connections internally and externally. It’s a fast-paced environment, with lots to learn. We’re looking for people with strong critical thinking skills, who want to work collaboratively, serve our customers and make good choices. Uncompromising ethics and integrity are hallmarks of our organization. We’re a diverse group, covering the areas of corporate finance, FPA, pricing, mergers and acquisition integration, revenue, investor relations, treasury, license compliance, tax, internal audit and the many corporate accounting functions. Come, join our team of motivated professionals, and grow with VMware.
# Job Description
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
The Pricing Analytics Intern at VMware will work closely with members of the Pricing and Marketing Planning organization to provide insight and analysis on pricing strategy, pricing policy, and compliance. The Pricing Analytics Intern will receive substantial guidance, feedback, and mentoring from the Pricing and Marketing Planning team but will also have the opportunity to independently develop solutions to assignments.
* Build price optimization models based on an analysis of variables including value to the customer, market research data, country and/or region specific pricing conditions, and competitor price
* Build models to assess the financial impact of various pricing scenarios
* Analyze the underlying assumptions, economic logic, and key variables in pricing proposals
* Research and drive regulatory compliance requirements for pricing to the government sector
* Investigate and recommend enhancements to existing pricing programs
* Analyze past pricing program effectiveness
* Analyze Pricing Committee presentations, requests and manage meeting logistics
* Develop a framework/model for pricing in local currency in new markets (China, Korea, LATAM)
* Develop a frame for service provider pricing/usage based pricing model
If you are a first-year MBA student focused on Finance, Quantitative Marketing, or Economics and are looking for an internship in the high-tech software industry then you should strongly consider career opportunities at VMware. In this position we look for a person with these characteristics:
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to create models that provide “what if” capabilities
* Ability to work under tight deadlines
* Ability to decompose and analyze key variables and assumptions in models for pricing proposals
* Strong understanding of the economic principals and related mathematics underlying pricing optimization
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the telephone and via email
** Please note we have multiple pricing analyst opportunities available
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume for consideration to: http://www.vmware.com/jobs
# EEO Statement
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
*Posting Title:* Intern - Pricing Analyst
*Location:* Palo Alto, CA, US
*Is this a remote or multiple location position?:* No
*Requisition Number:* 45569BR