Intern - Quality Engineering Opportunities at VMwareBookmark This
Palo Alto, CA
Description# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
# Why work for our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning RD team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the RD team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. RD team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has RD offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
# Job Description
Intern - Quality Engineering Opportunities at VMware
As an intern at VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what’s next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, come to VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
Quality Engineering (both systems and web): Engineers interested in problem solving, developing testing tools, and hardware and software interoperability get to design automated tests to find bugs in our products or design plans to ensure that the products operate efficiently with all hardware and software systems. They work with the latest hardware, software and devices to ensure that our software executes flawlessly. They design and build test infrastructure, including automation framework and tools, coverage analyzers, and custom test tools.
Responsibilities: You may be involved with some or all of the following:
* Create and review test plans, test cases, and test specifications
* Work closely with VMware R&D; and other QE teams to leverage existing test cases and test suites currently available for internal use
* Participate in design and code reviews to enhance feature testability
* Work closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce bugs
* Extend test coverage and improve test methodologies and processes
* Manage activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status
* Develop and execute automated API and unit tests using C#, Java and C++
* Convert manual test cases to automated tests where possible using a variety of test tools and programming languages such as C# and Java
* Create and maintain virtual test environments by installing OS and configuring volumes as needed
* Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* All intern candidates must be enrolled at an accredited four year university with plans to return to school upon completion of an internship opportunity
* Completed coursework in operating systems, computer architecture, compilers or networking
* School or industry projects involving significant design and development
* Experience in one of the following: C, C++, Java or C#
* Experience with Python, Perl, shell, or other scripting languages
* Experience in API test development using Java
* Experience with REST or other web APIs such as SOAP, WSDL
* Experience with test automation and developing test frameworks and tools
* Proficiency in Core Java, object-oriented design, data structure and algorithms
* Proficiency in one or more of the following skills: Spring, Hibernate, Flex, GWT, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium
* Previous internship experience is a plus
# EEO Statement
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
*Posting Title:* Intern - Quality Engineering Opportunities at VMware
*Advertised Location (Select only ONE location):* Palo Alto, CA, US
*Is this a remote or multiple location position?:* No
*Requisition Number:* 45278BR
*Level of Job (LinkedIn):* Not Applicable
*Advertised Group (Place a checkmark to select multiple groups):* Engineering