Intern SalesBookmark This
Posted: June 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionReference Code: 1402496
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and professional products that touch the lives of people where they live, learn and work. We are committed to building brands that matter in the lives of the users of our products. We are also committed to leveraging the scale of our company to bring the power of a multi-billion dollar business to bear on each of the business segments through shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our global sales are approximately $6 billion and we have a strong portfolio of globally recognized brands including Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, Levolor, Kirsch and Teutonia. We are headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Newell Rubbermaid and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Do you want an internship that utilizes your existing skills, grows your capabilities and where you can affect and influence business results?
Join our IMPACT Team - Interns Maximizing Potential Amid Career Training!
The Internship Program is a 12 week comprehensive program working directly with our sales leaders to gain real time selling experience that contributes to bottom-line results. As an intern with our organization, you will receive on the job training interacting and developing relationships with local reps to gain exposure in a variety of products, customers and channels. You will work directly with the Sr. Sales Representative/Sales Manager to build collaborative relationships with our customers and participate in marketing and customer events.
Newell Rubbermaid has a customer base across a variety of selling channels. Our internship is designed to give you experience in the Retail or Professional/Wholesale selling environment. Key responsibilities for these roles include:
• Maintaining competitive shipments of key retail products across multiple retail partners
• Merchandising product
• Working with Account Management on collecting, preparing and presenting account materials
• Working with National Account teams to analyze customer trends and develop action plans
• Sales/Distribution support
• Mobile marketing
• Product and technical training
• Event support
These positions will be in various locations throughout the United States (locations include California, Minnesota, Arkansas, and North Carolina).
As part of this internship program you will develop in these key capabilities/competencies:
• Consumer, end-user and customer focus
• Drive for results
• Business acumen
• Collaboration across multiple functions
• Leadership skills
• Strategic selling skills
Successful candidates will be outgoing individuals who are results oriented, have a positive attitude and are hardworking, eager and willing to learn.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited four year college or university and entering your Junior or Senior year.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
• Must have proven record of commitment, ambition and drive toward establishing and achieving goals.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and have demonstrated leadership ability.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to this position.
• Analytical and business acumen understanding is strongly preferred.
• A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is required.
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Newell Rubbermaid does not sponsor foreign citizens for H-1B visas, permanent resident status or temporary work authorization for RD Internship positions.