Intern - Sales - Summer 2014 UNC CharlotteBookmark This
Battle Creek, MI
DescriptionGrow with us in our Sales Internship Program and play a role working as part of a dedicated team of people who are passionate about the Kellogg brand! You will be accountable for applying key learnings to successfully assist and execute sales programs to satisfy our customer needs, excite our consumers and drive sales. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?In your role as a Sales Intern at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by: Learning about our go-to-market strategy, culture and philosophy Assisting our Account, Category Management and Business Planning Teams through assignment to gain knowledge of the customer planning process and the category intelligence provided Accessing our Company practices then presenting to our leadership team your ideas/solutions on a current opportunity to increase business effectiveness Participating in all necessary training courses to develop and enhance sales skill The majority of your internship will involve partnering with key members of the Retail team to gain hands on experience in store, independently performing sales and merchandising duties as neededo Specifically: Executing business plans through fact-based selling techniques and superior communications skills Growing base sales through maximizing distribution, share of shelf, and selling incremental displays Writing, entering, and/or processing customer orders
Ensuring that customers are sufficiently merchandised by controlling back room stock and shelves through leading and influencing merchandising employees
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:Required:
* Completion of sophomore year of Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university
* Must have a valid driver license and clean driving record
* Minimum of 3.0 GPA (Cumulative)* Must have access to a computer and the Internet, and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Must have the ability to conduct physical work, frequently lifting 15 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds * Must be able to accommodate up to 20% travel (at least 2 overnight trips required)Preferred:* Retail/Grocery merchandising experience
* Leadership roles held in school/volunteer clubs/organizationsWHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?This role requires daily travel, driving around within an assigned geography. Mileage will be reimbursed. You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers who operate on grocery/retail hours.By organizing, stocking and rotating displays to their optimal presentation, you will be climbing, stooping, bending, standing, kneeling and frequently lifting 15 - 50 pounds.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.