Intern Software Applications EngineerBookmark This
DescriptionAnalyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products. May work directly with companies that develop applications software, focuses on enabling and optimization of 3rd-party software applications. Code may be used in a wide variety of commercial or end-user applications. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
* Working under the direction of senior Application Engineers, profile the performance and power of applications
* With the guidance of senior Application Engineers, learn how to identify performance and power issues
* Working with direction from senior Application Engineers, prototype changes to the application code and profile the improvement relative to the baseline.
* Assessing Microsoft Windows 8 operating system and development tools as well as developing proof of concept applications for the Metro UI and Legacy UI
* Assessing Google Android operating system and development tools as well as developing proof of concept applications for the Metro UI and Legacy UI
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changing requirements and new technology
Minimum skills and experience:
*Candidates should be working towards a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Relevant coursework should include classes in software engineering, computer graphics, computer architecture etc.
*You must have at least 3.0 GPA.
* 2 years of coursework/experience with C and/or C++
Preferred skills and experience:
* Familiarity with Intel CPU architecture experience with software performance optimization would be an added advantage
* Familiarity with Intel Graphics architecture experience with software performance optimization would be an added advantage
* Knowledge of Intel tools and performance libraries would be an added advantage