A unique, rewarding internship opportunityBookmark This
Becoming We the People
DescriptionBecoming We the People is a non-profit organization working toward ending poverty as a means of realizing equality. We are looking for an intern to assist with our regular operations, which includes working on all of our current projects and initiatives.
Working as an Intern for Becoming We the People:
• All of our interns are in a position to learn a lot. We work to develop your skills more than we focus on the work you do for us. We focus our internships on teaching you.
• It is an unpaid internship.
• This is a unique opportunity to use the skills you have developed in a non-profit environment.
• The schedule is flexible around your schedule, except when there are specific deadlines for certain projects.
• The work will be done from your home (unless you are close enough to our office to come in) with the use of the Internet and a phone. We will have phone and online meetings to communicate. Depending on where you are located, we may have in person meetings. You will interact with others, it just may not be in-person the majority of the time.
We try to design your work based on your interests and knowledge. But, these tasks will probably be incorporated as well...
• Send e-mails and call contacts.
• Research for our different projects.
• Develop flyers and possibly press releases for events and sending them to appropriate contacts.
• Maintaining our second website as changes are made.
• Developing ideas to better accomplish the organization's goals.
• Scheduling meetings and workshops.
• Attending meetings and workshops when possible.
• Event planning
• Developing presentations for workshops.
• Writing letters.
• And more as they come up...your duties are continuously different and changing, so we need someone that is flexible.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must have excellent researching skills.
• Must not be afraid to ask questions, especially questions that clarify details.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to communicate effectively via phone, in-person, e-mail, and mail.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours per week.