International Student Exchange InternBookmark This
Youth For Understanding USA
6400 Goldsboro Rd
DescriptionYouth For Understanding (YFU) is a leader in the field of international student exchange, with sixty years experience in inbound and outbound programming. The International Student Exchange Placement Outreach Intern (UNPAID position) will assist YFU USA Mid-Atlantic field (VA, DC, MD, DE) in the International Student (IS) placement effort. Interns will primarily work on data gathering in for outreach in local communities.
- Dates of Service: Fall 2012 (Approximate dates: Oct 1st - February 1st)
- Work Schedule: Availability of 12 – 20 hours per week; flexible schedule. (Preference will be given to candidates willing to commit to at least 16 hours per week.)
- Assist with marketing inbound YFU USA International Students (IS). Marketing efforts to include school presentations, volunteer meetings and open houses.
- Assist with making phone calls and email communication with potential host families, school administrators, reference checks, volunteers.
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate student records and files for IS applicants. Inform director of missing and incomplete documentation.
- Assist with the preparation of district/field mailings.
- Assist in recruiting volunteer and host families by promoting opportunities and networking within local businesses and diverse communities.
- Support strategic outreach goals by developing and cultivating partnerships within communities at the local level.
- Creating marketing outreach lists including, but not limited to, church groups, school personnel, clubs.
- Assist in organizing IS re-entry & post arrival orientations. Activities would include mailing information to families and students. Assist with conducting orientation sessions.
- Other assignments as determined by the immediate supervisor.
Requirements- Seeking: Undergraduate or Graduate students or recent graduates with major or degree in:
International Studies, Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism/Mass
Communications, Education, Foreign Language or related field.
- Intern must have own laptop or desktop computer, cell phone, and transportation to
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. One paragraph in the cover letter should answer the following question: How does an internship with Youth For Understanding USA match your educational goals and/or future career plans? Submit as attachments to one email to email@example.com. Priority deadline is Thursday, September 27th, 2012; accepting applications until all
positions are filled