Internship CoordinatorBookmark This
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Description- Administers all aspects of the undergraduate academic internship program including, developing internship placements, cultivating and maintaining relationships with department faculty/staff internship coordinators, communicating regularly with key constituents to collaborate and communicate internship policies and procedures college-wide.
- Cultivates relationships with employers to develop on-going internship opportunities for Loyola students across all disciplines.
- Works with key civic, community, cultural, and business organizations to advance internship opportunities for students.
- Advises undergraduate students from all majors on academic internship related issues, internship application processes, and career development opportunities.
- Develops and presents an academic internship workshops to prepare students pursuing internships for academic credit.
- Facilitates UNIV 390 Internship Seminar course each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) to provide students with a general elective civic-engagement course for academic internships.
- Develops and facilitates internship workshops for faculty/staff internship coordinators to foster best practices and communicate policies and procedures for internships.
- Collaborates with faculty, staff and student organizations to plan, publicize and implement internship-related programs, panels, speakers, workshops, site visits and events to help educate students about the opportunities presented by internship experiences.
- Coordinates and tracks students in internship and fieldwork placements; monitors data and facilitate data input into the centralized database (Peoplesoft) for internship placement and fieldwork placement information.
- Conducts site visits of internship sites, in collaboration with director of experiential learning and other Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) staff.
- Maintains university-wide internship and fieldwork program records and databases and produce reports on internships, including student placements and employer partnerships.
- Establishes assessment and evaluation tools for the internship program including feedback forms for employers.
- Connects academic internship programs with other experiential learning programs, including service-learning, electronic portfolios and undergraduate research.
- Collaborates with the advising department, career development personnel, and other academic support services in support of academic internships.
- Facilitates web-based tools and resources to enhance the academic internship program.
- Performs other duties as required.
RequirementsAbility to use MS Office suite and adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems and ability to use career services programs.
-Bachelor's degree in related field and three to five years of related experience.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Career Development, Counseling, or related field preferred.
- At least 3-5 years experience working with internships and career development is necessary.