Internship Program RecruiterBookmark This
State of Michigan Kent County DHS
121 Franklin Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI
DescriptionWe are seeking an INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DEVELOPER to assist in creating a transportation volunteer program.
-Develop a strategy for the recruitment of volunteer drivers
-Organize internship orientation and interviews using current department policies.
-Assist department supervisor in organizing intern schedules
-Clearly convey and receive information and ideas that assist in building an initiative volunteer program
-Effectively assist department supervisor with volunteer concerns
-Interpret and apply instructions and guidelines per department supervisor
The Program Developer will enhance the current internship and volunteer program at Kent County Department of Human Services through the Community Resource Program by focusing on and building the pool of volunteers for client transportation. The following are the responsibilities and goals of the special project and should be completed before the end of the Intern Program Developers required hours.
• Implement a strategy for the recruitment volunteer drivers working under the direct supervision of the Transportation supervisor.
• Employs technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the current program, including electronic recruitment and use of staffing/scheduling software.
• Provides suggestions, guidance, informational and support services for current volunteers.
• Serves as a liaison between current driver volunteers and the Kent County Department of Human Services.
• Assist with the exit interview process of volunteers and discuss findings with management to determine if improvements should be made in the program.
Requirements? Flexible Schedule
? Ability to communicate and work with the public
? Ability to manage others
? Technical capability to work with online websites and computer software programs
? Confidentiality, excellent customer service and professional conduct