Internship – Social Media (NY)Bookmark This
Roubini Global Economics
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionRoubini Global Economics (RGE), a leading macro-strategy research firm, is looking for social media interns!
If you’re interested in developing social media strategies and engaging with the economic conversation on Roubini.com and the EconoMonitor, this unpaid internship offers great work experience for enterprising students or recent graduates. Interns may work from our office in NYC or remotely, and must be able to start immediately and commit to at least 10 hours per week.
To apply, please send your resume and 15 sample @RoubiniGlobal tweets to email@example.com with the subject, “Internship – Social Media (NY).” The tweets need not represent RGE’s true economic views; the important thing is that they show your writing style and awareness of the economic and geopolitical news flow.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we can only respond to those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Responsibilities• Using Twitter, Reddit, Digg or other platforms to drive traffic
• Building the RGE network of followers
• Staying on top of economic trends
• Engaging on Twitter with economic analysts and commentators
• Building EconoMonitor’s roster of guest bloggers by reaching out to suitable candidates
Requirements• Interest in economics, political science or international affairs
• Familiarity with social media and blogging platforms (especially Twitter, Tweetdeck, and WordPress)
• Awareness of current economic and geostrategic debates relevant to economists, policy makers and investment professionals
• Ability to succinctly convey complex economic issues with an engaging writing style
• Ability to think creatively about ways to reach a global audience