Internship for Copywriting & Online Marketing (in Barcelona)Bookmark This
Marques de Sentmenat 73
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
DescriptionAre you eager to participate in cutting-edge social/mobile user experience for group travel? Are you excited to communicate with the media and opinion leaders? Are you keen to plan and execute Online Marketing & PR campaigns to drive adoption and build user base?
We are attracted by doers, problem solvers, hard-workers, fast-learners, collaborators and communicators that are fun to work with. We are looking for someone who shares our passion to disrupt and revolutionize the group travel market.
During the internship, which shall last a minimum of 4 months, you support our online marketing activities such as Copywriting, Public Relations & Social Media Marketing and thereby contribute with commitment, initiative and enthusiasm directly to the growth of the company.
We’re an internationally focused team that has come together in Barcelona from origins in Spain, Germany, Mexico and the USA. We are now readying the 2.0 version of our platform to launch in February 2013.
tripobox.com is a collaborative travel marketplace with offerings to stay, eat and do, simplifying the planning and reservation of group trips. Our marketplace facilitates social interaction among travellers and hosts, decision-making within the group, online group booking and individual payment among all fellow travelers. We are laser-focused about creating the best user experience for group travel.
* Shaping, defining and executing keyword research & copy optimization.
* Writing of articles for own landing pages, for press releases to the media & for third party websites to increase inbound links.
* Maintaining our corporate blog
* Creating and maintaining a press database.
* Shaping, defining and executing press notes to the media and identifying opportunities for press releases.
* Building and further developing strong relationships with media contacts, partners, journalists, bloggers and influencers.
* Monitoring and tracking our company’s media coverage on relevant topics.
Taking care of emailing campaigns to users and providers as well as analyzing and optimizing its conversion rates.
* Using PR and branding web tools like Pressking, Vrank or Mention to manage PR releases and track our brands reputation & visibility ranking.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
* Setting-up and continuously optimizing performance-based social media marketing campaigns (e.g. Facebook, twitter) to acquire and engage with users.
* Monitor and actively participate in discussion across community sites, social networks, blogs and micro-blogs for interesting discussion around travelling.
* Implementing link building actions and further monitoring referrals.
* Analyzing user behavior to optimize its conversion rate.
* Using analytics web tools like Google Analytics, Raventools and Kissmetrics to monitor and track traffic for optimizing rankings.
RequirementsYou’re ready to take responsibility, working independently and thinking out of the box, helping us to achieve our target for growth. Ideally you bring in:
* Background in journalism, communication, public relation, business, marketing or related field (studies and/or internship).
* Extensive experience to engage with people through Facebook, Twitter & Blogs.
* Passionate, motivated, creative, detail-oriented and organized.
* Ability to successfully pitch the media.
* Excellent skills of time and team management, communication & decision-making.
* Understanding of marketing concepts.
* Experience in Copywriting a plus.
* Fluency in written and spoken English (no Spanish required).
* 100% responsibility in your area.
* Mastering a steep learning curve.
* Working in a passionate team.
* Actively shaping the way, group trips are organized.
* A great work environment.
* Compensation depends on experience.
Why join us?
Be inspired every day: We’re perfectionists, visionaries, inventors & simplifiers. Being part of Tripobox is a job that requires a lot of you, but it’s also one, that rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. We’re firm believers of the Lean Startup approach; we don´t loose the focus on details; creativity is everyone’s responsibility and passion & drive trump experience.
If this sounds like you, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +34 – 685 807 511 to chat.