Internship opportunity with a NYC based tech start-upBookmark This
DescriptionWe are a recently founded social gifting start-up company with an experienced team of passionate, creative and fun people based in New York and London. Our team includes a very diverse group of people including lawyers, PhDs and engineers coming from a very multinational background. We are currently working on a mobile product that will revolutionize the social gifting experience. Although we are in the very early stages, we have plans to expand quickly throughout the major international cities and we need your help to grow together! We are currently looking for several marketing, PR and social media interns for our growing team in NYC. These internships are unpaid but could have the potential to lead to regular positions within our company. Indeed, we would love to find interns that can stay with us in the long run.
You will have a great deal of responsibility in shaping our strategies and overall direction. We have a small team in NYC and London and you will be part of the core team, brainstorming with us to find better ways to transform the social gifting, to acquire more users and merchant partners and to introduce our product to our targeted users. You will innovate, inspire and revolutionize. And we will listen your ideas (even the crazy ones!).
This can be a part-time or full-time position depending on your schedule and you will be able to work from home, your favorite coffee shop or from Regus business lounges depending on your choice.
If you are excited about what you just read, please send us your resume along with a short statement explaining why you want this position and your interests (this can be one sentence, one word or 10 pages – it is your call!)
ResponsibilitiesYou will have a wide-range of responsibilities from marketing to business development and from designing the product to content development depending on your interests. Your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting our team in creating and implementing marketing strategies, preparing marketing materials, creating and maintaining our blog, and dealing with various other marketing efforts including promotions.
- Assisting our team with social media marketing (creating, managing and growing our presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook and other relevant sites)
- Attending events and conferences to help introduce our product to our targeted users.
- Researching our industry, gathering data and preparing presentations to be used in marketing and PR efforts.
- Creating editorial content and concepts for our web and mobile platforms.
- Conducting user surveys to better understand how to improve our product and make it more user-friendly.
- Assisting our team with creative and innovative design ideas for our product.
- Helping us sign up local businesses in NYC (and later on internationally) and assisting our team with our current merchant partners.
- Assisting our team with other business development, product development and marketing tasks.
RequirementsIdeal candidate for this position:
- Recent graduate or a current graduate or undergraduate student (as long as you have the passion for internet and mobile technologies, your major and class year does not really matter!).
- Smart, fun, energetic and outgoing personality, and a positive attitude.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude who is able to multitask.
- Good writing and research skills, and a passion for writing articles and blogging.
- Familiarity and good understanding of social media and major social websites and mobile applications.
- Passion and curiosity for Internet and mobile technologies, marketing, and social media in general.
- Love blogging, tweeting and pining and be addicted to Facebook.
- Love the idea of being part of a multi-cultural and international technology start-up and eager to help us carry our product (as well as your career) to a new level.