Internship with Wild Horse Advocacy GroupBookmark This
The Cloud Foundation
107 South 7th St
Co Spgs, CO
DescriptionThe Cloud Foundation is dedicated to the preservation of wild horses and burros on our public lands throughout the West and the protection of Cloud’s herd in the Pryor Mountains of Montana through educational outreach and innovative programs.
With the Cloud Foundation you have the opportunity to gain important skills and opportunities to observe and document wild horses and burros on our public lands.
We are looking for an individual or two with good writing and speaking skills, computer skills and a dedication to wild horses and burros along with our public Western wildlands. We will also consider your ability to work independently, your work ethic and your history of responsibility. Given The Cloud Foundation mission, we expect applicants to share our commitment to the preservation of wild horses and burros across the West.
ResponsibilitiesThe day to day duties vary from writing press releases and contacting supporters to editing video and organizing photos of wild horses. Some basic office management along with possible travel to wild horse herd areas is mixed with research and website management. Please contact us to learn more.
RequirementsOverview of Internship Position(s)
Working with the Cloud Foundation requires enthusiasm, dedication, problem solving, and a responsible work ethic! We thank you for your application and please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Assist our small staff at our office in Colorado Springs, Colorado and potentially in the field on visits to herd management areas and in meetings with BLM, Forest Service and elected national officials.
• Writing skills for press releases, action alerts, comments, letters and thank you notes to supporters
• General computer skills and proficiency
• Webpage, facebook, twitter, blog management and formatting skills are a plus
• Film/photography skills are beneficial and opportunities exist for improvement
• Research skills
• Willingness to understand the issues regarding wild horses and burros on public lands and BLM mismanagement of wild herds
• Commitment to wild horses and burros and ecosystem protection
• Planning and execution skills
• Task oriented
• Works well with others
• Organized and motivated
• Can manage without authority or constant oversight
• Ability to oversee and coordinate volunteers on various projects
• Ability to speak with the interested public in person and on the phone
• Willingness and ability to ship orders, discuss orders with supporters
• Must like dogs (we have two office dogs- both friendly)