Internships at experienceship.org are different.Bookmark This
9710 Scranton Road
San Diego, CA
DescriptionYou won’t be given a list of to-do’s. You’ll be given a blank canvas and asked to create. You’ll receive a lot of guidance and training as we explore your passions, skills, and dreams, and find out the best way for you to use them in our company. You’ll be given significant freedom in your projects, with the encouragement to start new things within our company. You’ll be given the power to help shape the course of our company. You’ll be given the opportunity to do something vitally significant, now.
But, we’ll also expect a lot out of you. We’ll expect you to be passionate about our mission to create a program that supports women in transition. We’ll expect you to take initiative in fulfilling your role and beyond. Up for the challenge?
We offer a fun, team environment where we will support you in learning business and marketing strategy, philanthropy, event planning, and media relations activities.
Responsibilities* Assist in development of business plan and other business documents
* Assist in grant writing/applications
* Supporting execution of marketing activities and the strategies that drive them
* Blog strategy and development (which feeds our social media campaigns)
* Create engagement on the following platforms – LinkedIn, Google+,Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest
* Create video scripts and video interviews
* Assist in PR activities, such as press release development, online postings, and media outreach
* Help track media opportunities for Experienceship members through HARO.com and ReporterConnection.com
* Help manage database and outgoing email announcements
* Analysis of marketing campaigns
* Support on event organization and set-up
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Some social media experience requested – LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter
* Must have transportation and be able to work on location at least 2 hours per week
Candidates must be able to take direction, have initiative, ability to work well independently and in groups, as well as attend periodic evening events. This is a start-up business, so an interest in entrepreneurship is a major plus!
This is a non-paid internship. Applicants must be pursuing a college degree and be seeking school credit. Preference is given to applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA. Previous experience in a business management, marketing and/or not-for-profit environments or internships and involvement with related student organizations is preferred.
Applicants must also have the permanent legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org